Klark Teknik DN504 attack time modification

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nanitlig

Looking for a little help with a Klark Teknik DN504 quad compressor.  I would like to increase the range of the attack control, chaning the slowest attack time from 20mS to about 100mS or so, like a Drawmer DL241.  Is it just a matter of increasing the value of the potentiomter from 50k to 100k?  Appreciate any feedback.

Thank you!
Nanitlig

I did some experimenting.  I put in a 500k pot and it matches up pretty close with the DL241.  Seems to be in the ball park of 100mS full C.W..  I did some looking around though to find an Alps 500k, panel-mount pot.  It appears the largest resistance value that Alps makes is only 50K, so maybe that's why the DN504 only has 20mS for the slowest attack.  I looked around online and couldn't find an exact replacement with the same shaft size, but no dice.  Guess I'm going to have some mismatched knobs.

Side chain time constants generally involve Rs and Cs... if you can't make the R larger, make the C larger (the classic raise the bridge or lower the water)..

JR

Latest posts

Back