You don't know what you got till it's gone.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mobyd

Just had a very successful horsetrade with another user of these forums (Thanks, Andy). I got rid of a couple of NOS T4Bs that had been gathering dust and received a lovely old AKG D12 mic. No money changed hands and Paypal/ creditcard was not needed. No pseudo EBAY style auction listing was required and feedback was unneccessary. Everyone was happy and no intermediaries were involved. I have MUCH stuff gathering dust...I guess it will continue to do so <sigh>. The new system monetises everything, which I suppose is the American way. So it goes.
M

I gather the transaction was maybe not so successful, since it required a parting public complaint. 

There was talk of a trade section in the new BM.  It may not be visible yet BECAUSE NO ONE'S USED IT.  Possibly it's not been set up yet. 

If you posted here wanting to trade before, the forum was already a middle man. 

You are really out on a limb calling the new system an American Capitalist Conspiracy. 

Have you 'donated' to the forum for upkeep today? 

Have you read and understood the policies around the new BM?  Really grasp what you can and can't do? 

mobyd said:
You don't know what you got till it's gone.

Its kind of ironic isn't it?

You should take it from another perspective. You are given free access to this awesome website with loads of extremely knowledgeable people, projects, help, etc. All for free and zero commitment. What have you done for this website? Have you helped in any way?

Use the same philosophy; Stop complaining and start appreciating this website for what it is before its gone.

Before craigslist and the interwebs, you had to call up the news paper to post a classified, pay for it to run a couple weeks, wait for the paper to print, deal with all the calls for it even after it was sold and gone...etc. I think we modern humans are spoiled useless now, with our laptops and little hand-held robots servants...

Not telling you to "stop complaining", I do it all the time... but still, $1 per YEAR is a great deal for a post. You can still set up trades, etc through the BM, just say so in the description. You can end the listing at any time, and if it's with a fellow forum member, just go through the feedback system so there's something for others to see regarding your experience.

Latest posts

Back