BC184C Sourcing

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomas1808

I know these are discontinued. Does anybody know where I can get some without paying $3 a piece? :-\

FutureElectronics has about 20 left but since I am not in the US it doesnt make sense ordering those ($50 shipping). For those in US get those fast!  :D

Need some for a Neve 1290 and for Igors SSL 4K Dynamics.

Thanks!

Im not an expert and i havent measure them but my ears wont fool me.
What ive been using since 2-3 years, mostly because i had them around was MPSA18.
I used them on Neves 1272s, NEve 1084s and counting.
They are not exact drop in replacement but you turn them 180 degrees and ready to go!
Thanks.

Thanks for the substitutes.  ;)

BTW does anyone know if the BC184L can be used as substitute for the "C" version on Neves? I think I have some laying around here.

I got my BC184Cs from here

https://sites.google.com/site/diypartsstore/catalog/transistors-diodes

very good service and prices

Dave

Nice, I'll probably end up buying in Electrochronic's store.

Good to know there is a Neve approved substitute. Quite good availability too.   

Thanks everyone

Any small low noise transistor with hfe > 400 will do.  Watch pinouts.

BC184L: L denotes different pinout.  No C means it might only have hfe = 100 but most of them were pretty high hfe

BC184C: the C denotes selected for high hfe.

BC109C etc is similar.

I have some stock of BC184C.

Tested and sorted into HFE below 600 and HFE 600 plus for the first pre positions.

HFE 600 plus come seperately bagged with original N* designator numbers, to indicate where the HFE 600 plus go.

Straight ahead, no lead swapping. No arguments about orignal parts/tone.

Sold in kits for 1 channel of a 1290 type pre amp.

8 BC184C Total:

3 HFE above 600

5 HFE bekow 600. All of mine are still really high anyways. It is more of a chore to get the below 600 ones. Really could use +600 everywhere, but that is not what Neve did.

$18.50 US per prebagged single 1290 type channel kit. Plus shipping and handling to your location. Your choice of shipping.

Contact me through PM

James Rowell

I have some stock of BC184C.

James, that is quite nice if you are building a one-off.

I am looking for a decent quantity so I can stock up.

Thanks anyway.

I ordered through eBay Uk. Good price.

Nice. Did you order from "RetroComputerShack"? Description says "BC184 Equivalent Transistors", did you get originals? Cant find another "C version" supplier.

Latest posts

Back