In desperate need of a Sharp PC-900 opto-isolator for MIDI in

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Consul

I'm working on a final project for one of my classes which involves using a MIDI controller, but the school went and ordered the wrong kind of opto, and now I'm under a serious time crunch. If anyone has one they can send me, I can Paypal the cost of the part and shipping. I live in Michigan. Thank you!

It needs to be a Sharp PC-900, or a 6N138 will also apparently work.

from mouser you should get it almost next day on standard USPS, im in NY and get digikey orders next day on standard USPS (theyre in NJ).

> So I can pay $15 for rush shipping on a $1.50 part?

Unless they changed the policy, it's $20 minimum before shipping. So $35.

Yes, I have paid $20+shipping for 2 bucks of parts. There was noplace else had 'em, nothing else I needed that time, and the job was important.

I've definitely had to get $1-$2 parts from Mouser before - they never had me do a minimum.  Luckily for me, UPS ground is next day from Mouser...

Yeah mouser doesnt have a minimum, and usps shipping is like $5-8.  Digikey might, though i dont think ive ever ordered less than $40 worth of stuff from them at any given time.

dmlandrum said:
So I can pay $15 for rush shipping on a $1.50 part?

If you're desperate enough, you'll pay what they ask.

We've done enough overnight DigiKey orders for stupid shit like 0.1% resistors. What usually happens is that someone needs something immediately, and he goes around and asks everyone, "anything you need from DigiKey? I'm doing an overnight order." There's always someone who needs tools or whatever.

-a

PRR said:
Unless they changed the policy, it's $20 minimum before shipping.

Unless they changed it back recently, digikey has dumped their minimum order requirement. 

Back