bapa

Re: EQP-1S5 500 series PULTEC ---- HELP/BUILD thread
« Reply #260 on: December 04, 2016, 11:57:38 AM »
Thanks a lot!

I did a reflow on the pins of the grayhill on the low-band, but no change! After some testing with my Capi Lc53a today, the top-freq are behaving in a similar way (volumewise). On the lowband, the AA at 11-12 has the same volume as the Lc53a cranked. The AA´s a lot hotter. I probably wouldn't think that much about if it wasn't that the lowband-pots are very aggressive.  At just 8 a lot is happening (again volumewise). I´m missing a more gentle slope! Perhaps the unit is as should.
Haven´t done any frequency analyzing before. Let me check on that, any recommendations on software (preferably free) doing so?

Cheers

diylan

« Reply #261 on: June 06, 2017, 09:05:06 PM »
I've been getting a low frequency oscillation, only on occasion, when making huge boosts in the LF band (ie. boost 10, atten. 0). The feedback is at a really low frequency, around 5.5hz, and has some harmonic distortion that creeps up above 20hz.

It wont do this on it's own, only when triggered somehow by the signal running through it. Once I turn the boost down, it will go away. I've tried a couple different opamps to no avail.

Any ideas? Or should i just expect weird things when I crank it all the way up?

zendrum

« Reply #262 on: June 18, 2017, 11:16:41 PM »
I made up a recall sheet for the EQP1S5. I use my pair a LOT, so having a recall sheet was necessary. If anyone else could benefit, please feel free to use and share.