A few more views

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lowfreq

Hey all,

I posted this song a while back, but we're working towards getting some funding from NZ onair (funding for new artists here in New Zealand) and there's a few criteria we have to meet before we can apply, one being we need a youtube video with 2000 views and 1000 likes on our facebook page.

So if you can spare a click for a fellow DIYer here's the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHYbyudsfM0&feature=g-all-u&context=G2b5f6c2FAAAAAAAAAAA
You don't even have to listen all the way throughif it's not your thang, but I really appreciate the views.

And if you also feel inclined, you can like our facebook page too www.facebook.com/page28

muchly appreciated
Steve

Steve,
listened on You Tube - thrice.  I really like the song.
I assume you're the Steve who, as written in the little info section, wrote this for your wife.  I only wish I'd had the talent to do something as great as this for a loved one.
I also think it would be fantastic if more songs were written and recorded in such a short space of time as this one - it's fresh, honest and real.
Well done and good luck with the funding.

I don't do Facebook or I'd click that too

J.C.

Heya,
Thanks for the encouragement. Yep, I'm the Steve who wrote the song. It seems that I work better under pressure when it comes to songwriting. However, I have other songs that are over a year old and nowhere near finished.

Steve

Vocal chain was:
A royer mod circuit in an old rode nt2 body, with a dale M7 capsule and cinemag 2480 transformer
JLM dual 99v preamp with Lundahl LL1538 input transformers & Jensen (can't remember number) output transformers
Either my LA2A or my DAOC compressor. (I can't remember which one, but those two are my most used tracking compressors.)
Mytek stereo96AD

Mixing ITB i used a combination of the massey ct4 comp and waves rvox. Nothing too fancy. Massey De-esser gets placed before the comps. Eq is usually the neve type plug from the PSP squad collection.

Steve

Lowfreq said:
Cheers for the youtube view. :)

Btw I've been rocking those PMC's with the Hypex amps for a wee while now. Fantastic combo.  8)

I'm glad that worked out for you!  It was great chatting to a fellow DIY geek halfway across the world  :)

Back