9 pin socket for RCA mic transformer

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ruffrecords

I have an RCA mic transformer that I want to fit to a chassis. Its base looks a bit like a B8A but it has nine pins. Anyone know what socket this fits and where I can get one?

Cheers

Ian

gemini86 said:
This?
http://www.tubezone.net/Magnoval-Novar-B9D-Ceramic-Tube-Socket_p_128.html

I thought it might be one of those at first but this transformer has nine pins that are evenly spaced; there is no gap as in the B9D socket. Weird eh?

Cheers

Ian

gemini86 said:
B9G?

http://pacifictv.ca/socket.htm

That looks very promising. Edit: Although it appears this socket is for tubes like the EF50 and if memory serves they had quite thin pins whereas this transformer has pins nearly as thick as a regular octal tube. Many thanks anyway.

Eit: but looking further down the same web site I find these:

77-MIP-9 nine pin octal sockets for nine pin octal base audio transformers, communications gear and Hammond organ Leslie output sockets. I think those are exactly what I nedd.

Many thanks for the link

Cheers

Ian

I think I may have what you're looking for.  "Octal 9-pin amphenol".

I have no use for mine if you want it.

Attachments

• 9 pin octal.jpg
    9 pin octal.jpg
    384.4 KB · Views: 7
lassoharp said:
I think I may have what you're looking for.  "Octal 9-pin amphenol".

I have no use for mine if you want it.

Hey, that's really generous of you. I'll PM you my address and Paypal you to cover your costs.

Many Thanks

Ian

I have four of them that are about to be gutted from an Altec chassis (so I can use the chassis for your Poor Man's Pultec). If you need any more let me know.

adeptusmajor said:
I have four of them that are about to be gutted from an Altec chassis (so I can use the chassis for your Poor Man's Pultec). If you need any more let me know.

THanks.I'll bear that in mind.

Cheers

Ian

there have been regular ebay listings for them over the last couple of years. 

Latest posts

Back