Nady TCM1050 Mod (T-Bone SCT 2000)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Allright, took a while but i'm back on track  ;)

I got a good soldering iron, got some desoldering braid, and i practiced a few times on some old boards, de soldering was pretty easy, soldering itself is also not that difficult, sometimes i get alil "bump" but its so damn small like the other "proffesionall" soldering joints so i dont worry bout it.

ok I ordered a few Film caps (Mkp Whatever that means ;D), here is a picture, damn those are kinda Big hehe
9vx6ilz6uraa.jpg

Now I need to get some wires to Hook it up, I saw how you did it tchgtr, 1 Questions left

1: If the new Cap "touch" one another Cap is this dangerous? because of the Voltage or heat it produces?? Cause I want to place it where u placed it right in front of the Output Transformator housing, cause on the Backside there's the Tube..and it almost touch it when I place it there so I want to stick with the Idea to place it on the Front/Top side, also i saw your wires touch the Elco on your picture but this should be no problem.. I just worry bout Heat and Voltage when I see all those Caps.. :eek:

Thanks

Just worry about the wires coming out of the cap. Maybe you have or can get some shrink tubing? Cover the leads between the cap and the solder joints.
Sometimes if a cap is suspended after soldering in place, I put a small piece of foam between it and another component to keep it from vibrating with loud sounds. First, I check with my multi-meter to make sure the foam will not conduct.
Have fun!

Time flys, anyway found some wires that i could use on an old mixing console that was broken. I soldered the wires to the Cap and covered the joints a lil bit. I dont wanne try it right now cause i got one big problem, the CAP has contact with the Mic Body when i try to close it, and i don't think thats good, i mean this cap got 400V and i'm sure the Brass of the mic will lead the electricity all over the Microphones Body, means when i touch it i'm in trouble.. seems like i need to place this Brick of a Cap on the Bottom side.. but then it will have contact with the Tube down there, or contact with the Cables that lead to the Output trans. uhm... damn, Check the Pic :(

2vx9byznjl28.jpg

Just make sure the cap leads don't touch the body and it'll  be all good. That tape doesn't look secure enough. The cap will move and exposed leads will be in contact with the body tube some day.

yap i know i dont have some shrink tube :p but i changed it right now, placed the cap on the bottom and it just has contact with the tip on the tube, and it can't move cause the Tube holds it in its place, check those 2 photos (I also heated that tape a lil bit to make it "shrink" kinda..dont look that beautyfull i know") still scared to switch the mic on.. :-X :-X :eek:

ptpe2v3zqztq.jpg

xottlfskzyy.jpg

;D ;D ;D HOLY COW it works....and damn it sound good trough our SPL Goldmike and FMR RNLA 7239 Compressor..damn feels like Christmas now...tryed it first and heard nothing..i was like oh damn i broke it..checked all cables and connections until i found out that the mic power supply was switched off..haha :D :D..ok what i'm gonna do next ??? I thought about to get a k-47 style capsule, will i loose the polar patterns when i change the Capsule or not? I mean I just need Omni but anyway..just asking.. Thanx you guys rock ;) ;)

Congratulations!
I put the Chinese C-12 clone in mine and liked the improvement, but based on the shape of the 1050 head-basket, I think I wanna try a RK-47.
The original is a dual U67-style capsule, and as I mentioned in your 2003 thread, not my favorite.

yap I'm going for the RK-47.. Since I go deeper into Caps and what they might do, I found a Question that the Internet couldn't answer me so far. I found many codes about caps, colors, and What they mean.. but inside the schematics, there're a few things I don't understant

some Cap codes got me totally puzzled.

what means

51M  ??? :eek: M= Tolerance? but what means 51 (in uF or pF) and any idea how much DC Voltage this Caps are using?
200M ??
1/2w 10K ??

Hope somebody can "translate" that for me...

Thanks

Maliq said:
yap I'm going for the RK-47.. Since I go deeper into Caps and what they might do, I found a Question that the Internet couldn't answer me so far. I found many codes about caps, colors, and What they mean.. but inside the schematics, there're a few things I don't understant

some Cap codes got me totally puzzled.

what means

51M  ??? :eek: M= Tolerance? but what means 51 (in uF or pF) and any idea how much DC Voltage this Caps are using?
200M ??
1/2w 10K ??

Hope somebody can "translate" that for me...

Thanks

Those are resistors. They just look strange. The "M" stand for megaohms. 1/2w means 1/2 watt and is the rating for the resistor. 10k means 10kohms and is the value of said resistor. I hope that helps.

-James-

After a long time, the RK-47 arrived today. I was so bussy with work and money was an issue that i never really had a chance to get the Capsule, I'm looking forward to install it tommorow. I found a "B" in one of the whole of the white ring of the RK-47, does this stand for "backside"? on the other side its an A or a 4..hard to see right now. I see 2 white wires (1 front, one backside) on the Center of the Capsule, and one blue wire that need to be hooked up where the mount is. Now i need to figur out what wire goes where. Should be easy but i dont wanne do it wrong the first time since it took me so damn long allready, and i want to record my whole next album with the "New Mic".  ;D

Bye Bye Chinese K-67...... 8)
rc0uia.jpg

Welcome RK-47.. ::)
17380k.jpg

So far so good, I had to install the New mount that was coming with the Rk-47, it was some work but finally it all worked out. So I was quiet impressed when I fired up the mic the first time with the 47. The mic got alot more Low frequency Response right now, also the "S" and "K"'s sounds way cleaner and not Harsh anymore (as I expected) compared to older recordings with the Chinese K-67. I always had to use the EQ around 12khz to cut around 4dB when recording vocals, now I don't need to EQ at all anymore.
But, I'm not sure if the Mic is a lil..veryyyyyy lil Distorting right now, the Gain on my Preamp is ok, i'm not talking bout clipping just to clear it up. Some ideas?

Back