Trident A-Range "Channel Strip"

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
got mine as well last week and boards look great!  thanks bruno2000!

btw, i was looking over the schematic and noticed that there are some circuit variances from the 1038 channel amp schem i have.
i know there are some biasing resistor value changes due to the dual supply configuration you've utilized for this project vs. the single rail supply in the original, but wondering about the other configuration and value changes? i've only had a chance to look at the first couple of input stages so i may not be looking at the 'whole picture' here, but still wondering.  are these changes based on another schematic or actual channel you've seen?

thanks!
-grant

dissonantstring said:
got mine as well last week and boards look great!  thanks bruno2000!

btw, i was looking over the schematic and noticed that there are some circuit variances from the 1038 channel amp schem i have.
i know there are some biasing resistor value changes due to the dual supply configuration you've utilized for this project vs. the single rail supply in the original, but wondering about the other configuration and value changes? i've only had a chance to look at the first couple of input stages so i may not be looking at the 'whole picture' here, but still wondering.  are these changes based on another schematic or actual channel you've seen?

thanks!
-grant

My "strip" is based on the 2038.  That's what I had to compare to.
Best,
Bruno2000

There is an updated BOM for this project, fixing some typos, and adding some Mouser part numbers.  PM for details.
Thanks!
Best,
Bruno2000

Here are my new babies... Still waiting for the 2U enclosure. Separate +24 VDC on relays. Can't wait to listen to those...
A good twenty some hours of soldering. I still need to decide on an external or internal power supply.
-marc

Attachments

• DSCN1372.jpg
    DSCN1372.jpg
    957.8 KB · Views: 343
Modules all racked up. I used a separate power supply in an ammo can (as suggested by Bruno2000). Will upload some samples soon...
-marc

Attachments

• DSCN1377.jpg
    DSCN1377.jpg
    922 KB · Views: 200
OK, I've gotten good enough winding the inductors to make some for other folks.  If you'd like some, please PM me and we'll talk.
Thanks!
Best,
Bruno2000

bruno2000 said:
OK, I've gotten good enough winding the inductors to make some for other folks.  If you'd like some, please PM me and we'll talk.
Thanks!
Best,
Bruno2000

how much is one channel?

weiss said:
bruno2000 said:
Thanks!
Best,
Bruno2000

how much is one channel?

The PCB is $60, and the inductors are $45 / set of 2.
Best,
Bruno2000

Thanks!
Best,
Bruno2000

Very cool - will send a PM about some inductors.

Back