What is your favorite small signal design book?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Douglas Self is very well known in the UK. His latest book is great but it does have a small number of typographical errors in it which Doug is aware of and has corrections on his web site.

Cheers

Ian

ruffrecords said:
Douglas Self is very well known in the UK. His latest book is great but it does have a small number of typographical errors in it which Doug is aware of and has corrections on his web site.

Cheers

Ian

Statistically not bad for the amount of work.  One book I read last year had around 30.

However, Mr Self's book is a must.

I found the IC op amp discussion in the EE Times very inspiring. This book should step up my game. It forced me to look up some terms that I should have a long time ago such as "shunt resistor."

Self's is an excellent book. I don't know of a *better* one, but another worth checking out if you can find a copy is Walter Jung's Audio IC Op Amp Applications. It's crying out for a revised edition (Jung himself says so), but it still contains invaluable material.

Peace,
Paul

Indeed.

J L Hood's Audio Electronics, and The Art of Linear Electronics are also two handy books, though he has greater emphasis on receivers.

Back