Sontec: hardware bypass, balanced THAT I/O, MS, power supply - at one PCB!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I should clarify, I only have the red stereo output boards, not the filter boards, etc. I bought the Sontec pcbs and added the M/s boards, so didn't use the stereo output boards. I guess with some ingenuity you could maybe bread board the filters? see photo.
Also here are the stereo docs- http://twin-x.com/groupdiy/displayimage.php?album=399&pos=5
Docs link at first post is working for the m/s boards also

Edit: I don't have scematics for the m/s boards as it looks like Igor only supplied parts placement docs. Apologies for any false hope!

Attachments

• photo-2 copy.JPG
    photo-2 copy.JPG
    602.5 KB · Views: 87
does someone still have an unused MS board laying around? would i need the red pcb's to finish a sontec?
thanks

If you have the long filters boards then you would only need the red PCB's pictured above (plus PSU of course) to finish a build. It wouldn't have MS/Hardware bypass though.

Yes, and maybe incorporate something with these m/s boards?
http://www.ka-electronics.com/kaelectronics/MS_Matrix/MS_Matrix.htm

duantro said:
I'm not positive, but I think Weiss is looking for mid side functionality in the sontec

exactly duantro, do you still have the red boards?
if so, i would also buy your pcb set shabtek ;)

weiss said:
duantro said:
I'm not positive, but I think Weiss is looking for mid side functionality in the sontec

exactly duantro, do you still have the red boards?
if so, i would also buy your pcb set shabtek ;)
yes, I still have the red boards.

Anyone know what value resistors I need for positions RREL to  RREL5. Says "tbd" on silkscreen for the Sontec_MS Board v1.1. They are right beside the relays so I assume the value depends on the relay installed?

Trench Recordings said:
Anyone know what value resistors I need for positions RREL to  RREL5. Says "tbd" on silkscreen for the Sontec_MS Board v1.1. They are right beside the relays so I assume the value depends on the relay installed?

The BOM i have says Jumper or 10R.

Hi there, does anyone has schematics for the igor’s all in one psu board and/or eq boards? Links on IJ webpage are not working anymore and I can't find them anywhere :cry:

Last edited:
Back