Make Cheap but quality Stepped pot

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've found that by removing the spindle, compressing the spring a bit and greasing the ball bearings  with lithium grease It gives the switch a much smoother lighter action.

Also -  filing the edges of the hole that the ball pushes into with a Dremel helps the switch hit the right spot each time.

Ive just modified 8 of them without problems. If you compress the spring by the right amount they can feel really quite nice!

Link to the switch is dead..,,

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Need a couple of switched pots for a great river mp2  build and this looks ideal

Bumpski :) Assembling a bunch now, although I think I got it right with regards to re-assembly of the switch, the pictorial would be a nice way to double check the wafer sequence and other details that are easily messed up when re-assembling the switch. I've unscrewed this thing so many times now... Or if anyone got a link for some helpful (dis)assembly pictures of similar switches.

Other than the wafers / switch parts reassembly, I am presuming that (the left hand side of ) resistor 1 on the PCB is our ground ref, the singular pin on other wafer is our wiper and the right hand side of resistor no# 23 is the top of our potmeter...?

Back