Drip V72 build (pics)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Holger

GDIY Supporter
Here is my version. I had this big knob and wanted to build something around it...

IMG_1669.jpg

IMG_1670.jpg

IMG_1673.jpg

IMG_1675.jpg

IMG_1677.jpg

Nice!  8)

I love that your build started with the knob!  It's like that advert where the couple builds a house around their designer faucet.

You might want to consider playing with the input transformer on this build.
See some of my pics and measurements at http://home.comcast.net/~ps8899/v72/

--Peter

Nice. The only thing i'm skeptical about with V72 project is the input transformer...seems pretty vital and impossible to find.

desol said:
Nice. The only thing i'm skeptical about with V72 project is the input transformer...seems pretty vital and impossible to find.

Sowter makes a replacement for the Telefunken type CTV72/1 transformer. Sounds pretty good to my ears.

dustbro said:
right channel looks pretty solid
;)
Right channel is my audio interface in>out, left channel is the preamp. The frequency response is not bad for an old school tube mic pre, please note that this is measured at 192kHz SR. The MicPre has a -3dB point at ~25kHz.

man, i want to do a couple so bad! Dripp doesnt have the pcbs listed... emailed about it, hope they made a run or i can get them somewhere

beautiful build!

Sorry to post in here.

Does somebody still have the documentation for the drip72 project? Can't find it elsewhere.

Zander

Stagefright13 said:
Actually that is good. Only -1.5 at 20k. I typically roll of stuff that goes that high depending on what it is. :)

John

Well, the original goes higher... I wonder why? The Lundahl should probably be better than the 40 year old iron?

Michael

Latest posts

Back