U47 ish circuit experiment RK47 T14 transformer....

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gary o

Just soldering U47 ish circuit together same as Maxes MK47 kit 2X 6028 tubes RK47 capsule but trying a T14/1 transformer components are all from my junk box will use a dead solid tube for body & grill....its just for fun.....I already have 105V PSU

The U-47 and MK47 both use BV8 style transformers. These are rated at a 7.5:1 ratio. The T14 is at least a 10:1, and might even be 14:1. The ratios are too far apart to be comparable. The mic will be lower in output, and the impedance will be lower compared to the original. This will effect the frequency response when coupled to a preamp. By all means, try it out. You might like it, but the lower output/impedance would be a deal breaker for me.

-James-

Well it sounded ok yes as predicted lower level.....The reason I tried it was because I read the T14/1 was similar to or similar ratio a M49 transformer not sure where I read this.....but the M49 had different but similar tube .....

Also the capsule sound shone thru the circuit Im not mad on the RK47 sound and not sure how close to real K47 it is, might not like a real K47 anyway I prefer a little sparkle

I might buy a cheap BV8 to finish it off tho for a mellower sounding mic

Got couple 6AK tubes might knock up another 47 ish circuit for fun if the UK weather goes crap again or when it does I should say

thanks for reading

Latest posts

Back