Thoughts about Lindos LA101 & LA102 system

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mata_haze

Hello everybody,
I thought I share this with you and see what the general idea is regarding this system.
I have used the Neutrik A1 and Audio Precision AST1 in the past and found they are absolutely brilliant.

anybody ever used the lindos? I am need of purchasing a test rig and so far the cheapest is the lindos (second hand).

what do you guys think?

Best,
Mattia.

I have the latest ('silver') version of 101 and 102. It's a handy bench-top test rig, which can test an item in a few seconds. I like it because it identifies an issue very quickly. I haven't had a chance to compare results against a high-end AP (although my associate has a Porta-One and results seem similar), but I reckon the THD of the oscillator and noise floor of analyser is about as good as you'll get for the price. Used alongside a high-end soundcard + software analyser, it will give you 99% of the features of an AP for analogue domain testing, I reckon.

So, in summary, it's a quick and easy system that pinpoints issues quickly. I haven't bothered hooking it to a PC yet. I find it annoying that Lindos give the software away free with the cheaper analyser, but charge for it on the 101/102, which retails at £3K... I use it on a daily basis. No host PC needed. Very convenient. Probably not great for deep research, but excellent for portable repair / debug stuff.

Justin 

The Lindos instruments are a step up from the Neutrik.  Very convenient and definitely orientated to Broadcast / Audio use.  It won't do 1 part per zillion distortion like the APs but little else does either.  If the features are what you need, its a Best Buy.  If you have both, you'll probably use it more than the AP even if you're into SOA Audio R&D

I have a Lindos MS10 which is their current product that replaces the old LA series. It is very easy to use, interfaces easily with a PC and produces nice graphical results you can paste into documents. The version I have measure pahse along with frequncy response (very handy when dealing with transformers or negative feedback) and makes noise measurements to the latest standards. Its only drawback is it can only measure distortion at 1KHz. Perhaps its best feature is the little built in loud spekaer that lest you listen to the test as is progresses. Great for listening to noise.

Cheers

Ian

Mattia,

we have an LA100 system and a bunch of MS10s. They are good signal generators in dBu and have some nice features for freq sweeps and CCIR-468 weighted measurements. For noise, distortion and more advanced measurements like IMD we have a dscope also.

I would say the Lindos boxes are good tools if you can spring the cash and come in considerably cheaper than a used AP or dScope. I would take the LA100s over the MS10s...

-T

Thank you guys.

I am still considering what to do. a Neutrik A2 just popped up on ebay but it's going to bee far more expensive to bring it to europe than is actually worth.

pondering.....

Mattia.

Hi everybody, I had read all your super review, but the Lindos LA101&LA102 were good and it was old technology and I would request if any one can suggest what other audio test equipment that can replace Lindos. Like we can test also digital audio, pc base, if can find come with demodulator ( from RF to base band)

Latest posts

Back