My Gyraf G7 build thread

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bazmcc

Hi everyone, I'm a new member to the forum and have joined as I'm beginning a build of a Gyraf G7 mic (seems popular on here!).
I'm an audio engineering student with a quite basic knowledge of electronics, hence why I feel this project will be of great benefit to me.

I've taken the components list straight from the site and am going to begin ordering the components. Just wondering if anyone has any particular recommendations for any particular components? I will be taking time to read all posts regarding this microphone to find more info, but I hope you don't mind if I ask some questions here too? In particular,

A. 100u/35V Highgrade Eletrolytic capacitor - any particular recommendations?
B. Circuit boards for mic & PCU - where can I get these?

Any help on these questions, or any recommendations regarding any aspect of the build would be much appreciated! As I say, I will be searching the forum to read other members' threads on the microphone, but just wanted to start my own so that i don't miss anything!

bazmcc

bazmcc said:
I've taken the components list straight from the site and am going to begin ordering the components. Just wondering if anyone has any particular recommendations for any particular components? I will be taking time to read all posts regarding this microphone to find more info, but I hope you don't mind if I ask some questions here too? In particular,

A. 100u/35V Highgrade Eletrolytic capacitor - any particular recommendations?
B. Circuit boards for mic & PCU - where can I get these?

Any help on these questions, or any recommendations regarding any aspect of the build would be much appreciated! As I say, I will be searching the forum to read other members' threads on the microphone, but just wanted to start my own so that i don't miss anything!

bazmcc
Regarding parts, I just followed the schematic. The 100u/35V should be omitted as it's for feedback. As for PCBs, either etch your own or see Gustav's thread in the White Market.

Kris

Does anyone have an updated list of the necessary components for this project? As Enchilada informed me in another thread, the list on the project website seems to have some mistakes. I've looked over the schematics and identified what I think I need, but as a bit of a novice I'd be grateful for some assistance before ordering everything!

Also, what difference would a trimmer instead of a resistor make in the mic schematics? I understand what a trimmer is but what purpose would it have in this instance?

Been a bit distracted recently by some other projects, but have now ordered all components  :)

Only thing left to get now is a microphone body - had a look in the white market but I'm getting confused as to exactly what I'm looking for - any help/links here would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Latest posts

Back