Yamaha PM700 mods and upgrades

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gtruchel

So I'm new here on the board and have a little experience with audio equipment repairs and mods mostly on an old MCI JH-16 tape machine. Recently I acquired a lovely little Yamaha PM700 console mainly because I know I would be one of the few people in my area that had any interest and that it would sit there in the music store where I work forever unloved if I didn't take it home. Only $100 so I figured it would make a good project.

I found this thread here: http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=45042.msg568382#msg568382

This inspired me to attempt some upgrades to at least use this for small projects or gigs.

So I found Brown Dog electronics online who make those SIL adapters and they actually agreed to make some specific adapters for the TA7136Ps in the PM700! So they sent me a few to test with LME9990MAs. I upgraded one channel already and I like the sound of the upgrade although I do not plan to replace all of the TA7136s because I like the sound of the channels stock and want to keep a few that way. I also want to upgrade the master section at some point as well as upgrade more channels with the Brown Dog adapters and the master section with John Hardy 990Cs. I would like to add direct outputs as well. Don't' care of they are unbalanced.  My idea was to use the Monitor 2 pre fader output for the direct out and leave M1 post send and pretty much everything else stock operation wise. My question here is what the best way to add direct outputs is? Spaceludwig, what did you do to your PM700 to add direct outs? And what's the username referring to? The composer or the drums? Thanks to anyone out there for any help. I love this little Yamaha. It's cool vibe wise and is very easy to get into to work on.

Latest posts

Back