Dawn grey faceplate

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warpie

Hi,

I'm looking to get a case from Holtbs and they state "The front panel is finished in dawn grey with the rest of the case being clear anodised."

Sorry about the silly question but what colour is exactly the dawn grey? Is it the same colour that an LA2A has?

Hi There,

no not the same as the La2a. its a beige colour, pretty ugly, they are used in broadcast environments mostly, but they do make great panels for painting and engraving as the powder coated surface makes a great adhesion for other paints..

Holt do offer clear anodised versions so perhaps ask for that.

Pete

I use Holt regularly. Currently I have five different jobs running with them. Their off-the-shelf colour is dawn grey but they can paint in any colour you want at an additional cost. I have two of their 2RU Allex cases with matt Black front panel in 250mm and 300mm deep. If it is suitable I'll pass them onto you at the same price.

Thanks guys.

Sahib, I need a 1U rack and probably I'll ask them to quote me for the whole job (case, painting, drilling and screenprinting) but thanks for your offer anyway.

Have you ever used them for any screen printing? If so, how are they quality wise?

They are just about to do two faceplates for me. However, I have seen examples of their screen printing work. Very good. You can rely on Holt. They get it right the first time and have a very good quality.

Latest posts

Back