G7 power transformer for 110V from mouser?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

earlfsmith

I'm working on building power supply for my G7 mic.  I'm having a little trouble finding the two power transformers that the schematics calls for.  I'm in North America so i'm looking for the 110:9V, ~5VA and 220:15V, ~3VA.  What are people using for these?

Thanks ;D

I have some extra toroids I had custom wound. They are spec'd at 120v:135v and 9v. However, w/o a load they put out about 150v and 10v. They also were wound for 50hz not 60 which is OK in N. America (OK to go higher but not lower.) If you want one pm me.

Otherwise, I think you want somehting along the lines of 115:7.5v. to get the same ratio as the European version. I've heard of people locating oddball wall warts with that rating. I just gave up and had some made.

Hey Blue Jinn thank you for reaching out to me.  I have been reading a lot of your helping comments regarding peoples issues with royer mod power supply.  I say i am learning alot on here.  I think i like to get a trany from you but i think i need to build royer power supply before i build the G7 supply.  Just to get a better understanding of what i'm doing.  I have all the parts for the Royer mic just haven't put it together yet.  So let me get back to you on the trany if that is ok.  How many do you have?  I may want more than one if that is cool.

Cool. Thank you for the compliment, but I know comparatively very little compared to many here. I just try to listen (or rather read...) what others post and learn as much as I can as often as I can. I have about 4 of those transformers, not counting the one I've set aside for my eventual G7.  I also have 80 volts which I used with BugUgly's PSU board, it gives about 120 or so under load.

For my recent Royer/G7/Big Ugly/hybrid/thingy, I used two of these in the G7 PSU configuration, powering the 5840 head amp.
http://www.allelectronics.com/make-a-store/item/PCTX-816/PC-MOUNT-TRANSFORMER-16VCT-0.35A-OR-8V-0.70A/1.html.
They only seem to produce 1 amp, so might not be right for the G7 (seems you're looking for 3A), but so far, the mic works perfectly, and the xformers do not get hot during use.

Mounted them on a piece of perfboard from the same place. See the Big Ugly/Royer thread below for some photos.

Back