need advice. opportunity to buy a sony c48 with deffect

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the_nooon

Hello, all
I need an advice, i got a guy who sells me an sony c 48, this mic got an issue, when the mic is hit gently the sounds stop for a few milliseconds otherwise it works ok. The guy is ok to sell it to me for 150 euros, does it worth the risk, even if i have to make it fixed?

Yes.

I can't say what is wrong, but if you buy it and have problems, I will give you 150 Euros for it, plus the post to me! So there is no risk to you at all. The Sony C48 is a very good mic, and  it is worth that much for parts.

Cheers

Stewart

I'll offer you 160euros! ;D ;D ;) ;)

Probably just a loose wire or something. Even if you don't fix it, just tell your singers not to bump it!

Rad!

C48 is an OK microphone...a little too bright on some vocals...or midrangy, ime. FWIW...i like the C38 better.

at that price, how can you not say yes? Go for it.  so the only problem is if you bump it it drops out for little bit, I would suspect your moving something when you bump it and that's why it drops out. so you either have a loose connection(wire, etc, etc), a cold solder joint, maybe the pcb is not mounted in all the way and it grounds out. Could be anything really but more then likely will be an easy one to spot if you decide to fix it.

Hi there, found a thread on gearslutz explaining thats an issue on thic mike, just a bad cap to change, so i changed it, the other problem i got, is that the capsule plastic holder ( capsule shockmount? ) is broken.
I tried a peluso one but it doesnt fit. Does anyone knows where i can find this part? Maybe on other sony mics they got the same capsule holder? If anyone got an idea thanks!

the_nooon said:
Hi there, found a thread on gearslutz explaining thats an issue on thic mike, just a bad cap to change, so i changed it, the other problem i got, is that the capsule plastic holder ( capsule shockmount? ) is broken.
I tried a peluso one but it doesnt fit. Does anyone knows where i can find this part? Maybe on other sony mics they got the same capsule holder? If anyone got an idea thanks!

post a photo of the mount.

here's the only pict of the mic i have for the moment
will take some more

http://perso.numericable.fr/jeamsler/c48opd.jpg

Back