JoeMeek OneQ2 upgrade

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HellfireStudios

I own a JoeMeek OneQ choannel strip, and PMI recently unveiled a new OneQ2 (at double the price) with some serious upgrades. It supposedly boasts a Cinemag input transformer and Burr Brown opamps. The original OneQ has socketed opamps, so I was thinking it would be fairly simple to upgrade to OneQ2 specs.

Does anyone, with more knowledge than me, know what the actual component numbers might be? The input transformer ratio would help in figuring which Cinemag to use. My best guess on the actual opamp, that could be used in place of the JRC4558D's used throughout the circuit, is the OPA2604. I would normally think the OPA2134PA but the power consumption on all those IC's might cause problems. Any other ideas? Any other components that might need to be altered for the new opamps/transformer (resistors, caps, etc.)? Any ideas to top the new design? Thanks in advance.

-James-

I'm not sure man I was thinking the same thing. Or we could put our heads together, mod our OneQs to something even BETTER than the OneQ2s!

Interesting post, I have a version 1 twinq that I'd be into stuffing some quality parts into also.  I'm not sure what transformers are in it stock, but not a lot of heft in their sound.

Back