My latest project, the Barry Porter NetEQ

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dagoose

OK, it's done and it sounds GREAT and is deadquiet.
It's done with stepped swithes, all done by hand. Quit a lot of work but totally worth it.
The boards are both hanging on the sides so that i can work on it from the bottom and top without removing the boards.
Panel was done by Schaeffer. Not really cheap but i wanted it in blue which turned out even better then i expected.
I'm really happy with how it turned out. Now it's time to use it in practice.  8)

OK.. some pics:
neteq1.jpg

neteq2.jpg

neteq3.jpg

neteq4.jpg

neteq5.jpg

neteq6.jpg

neteq7.jpg

Wow! Beautiful work. Please let us know how it works for you in practice.

I don't know what kind of pots the design calls for, but would like to know how you worked them out for this build. Please share.

radiance said:
COOL!

How do the Ne5532's sound in this EQ?
Thanks.  8)

So far so good with the 5532's but i just have it done so i have to see in practice what to do with the opamps. Maybe i will try another flavor later on, not sure what opamps though.

rmaier said:
Wow! Beautiful work. Please let us know how it works for you in practice.

I don't know what kind of pots the design calls for, but would like to know how you worked them out for this build. Please share.

8)
Harpo calculated the stepped switches, there are 2 or 3 excell sheets from Harpo in the barry porter neteq topic in the EQ section.

Thanks, just checked out the other thread, and it led me to your method of limiting 24-step switches. Very, very cool!

Wow Dagoose!!

I think wherever Mr. Porter is he would be very proud to see his layout finally getting used.  I believe you are the first person ever to build a unit using his layout, everybody else I know has used the Frank Lacy boards (which are no longer publicly available).

Big thanks to Gustav for making it happen.  I'm very embarrassed to say that my boards are untouched, I haven't had a moment to think about DIY since my move to L.A.  This is encouraging though.

Congrads Jeffrey. You've done an incredible and beautiful job.
(frightening switches, I'd better recalculate mine for a 2 step version...)

rmaier said:
Thanks, just checked out the other thread, and it led me to your method of limiting 24-step switches. Very, very cool!

Hey, would you link to it? Can't find it. Many threads about neteq!

Back