My latest project, the Barry Porter NetEQ

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dakiniz said:
How did you increased the Q range?

I would like to know that too.
I played around with Harpos Calculator for 12 Steps and tried to change the Tables "R99...102","R104...113" and "rR95...98" but i can´t come up with a Q-Range from 0,7-4 in 12 Steps.
Which Resistors did you use there?
Also i noticed the the Q-Range is reversed on Harpos Calculator and goes down if you turn clockwise but i guess i have just to reverse the order of Resistors or did i overlook something?

I have to admit that the q doesn't have that big range as the scale mentions and for me that doesn't really matter because i always work with pretty broad q's for mastering anyway. Cutting specific frequencies i always do digtally.
The Q is indeed reversed, don't ask me why, i think mr Porter liked it that way? If you look at the original schematics and things you can see that it is. It's indeed a matter of just reversing the resistor order and your done. 11/12 steps is more then enough for Q, freq and gain is way more important to have more steps.

dagoose said:
I have to admit that the q doesn't have that big range as the scale mentions ...
Jeffrey, did you make the Q-pot a rheostat (linking pot-in with wiper) as shown in my Porter_NetEQ_H.pdf or did you keep the NetEQ as is ?

I don't like to clog up threads but , that is some nice work you should be proud of ,
including the wiring and other details , may it serve you well and work twice as good as it looks !

would you have a list of the resistor values used on the switches? Would be a very good reference for anyone building it in the future.

dagoose said:
Before i forget again: I didn't use the pot as a rheostat indeed. I never realized it's made for that reason. I think that the Q steps will indeed be better then, it feels a bit logaritmic now.
Was my intention, at least the Q-calc is based on this fix/mod.
I relinked the schemo snipplet again just for easier reference, as for whatever reason some of my posts in this thread seem to have vanished in the database hickup.

hello!

i got the pcb´s from gustav and as first i just try to get an overview. i found a part at the pcb i dont understand... so, maybe you guys can help me understand it. it´s c2 and c1. both are on one side connected to 0v of the connector (in schematic). when i meassure i get a connection to these pins also to 0v. but between the pins of c1 and c2 is no path. i ask gustav, he wrote me it´s not a multilayer pcb.

please light up my head!

Latest posts

Back