wanted pcb component overlay/map for DBX 160VU

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a setup manual for the 160 VU that has a partial overlay.  PM me with your email if you'd like me to send it.
Best,
Bruno2000

i have the overlay for the vca module, is that what your after?

no, because everybody just pops in a that chip free sample  :p instead of the old anaolg vca, no wonder, hey jus kidin, that rcoks, can you remeber to brush your teeth befor the next session?,
peter purpose would be your man on this,  :D

i think Kev over at GroupDIY woud be the guy on this,  ???

just the vu meter?
100k in series will do it,

Abe, at ACSound, has done a clone of the 160VU.  He has tons of information on it.  Search for him here on the forum.  He calls his the CLX-VU.  (CLX is the Roman Numeral for 160).

Cheers,
Zach Griffen

usekgb said:
Abe, at ACSound, has done a clone of the 160VU.  He has tons of information on it.  Search for him here on the forum.  He calls his the CLX-VU.  (CLX is the Roman Numeral for 160).

Cheers,
Zach Griffen

Thanks for the tip, I know Abe already, & have a CLX in my own studio.

Oops.  I should have read your post more carefully.  I guess spending too much time writing mute automation makes me loopy.  How do you like the CLX btw?

Zach Griffen

usekgb said:
Oops.  I should have read your post more carefully.  I guess spending too much time writing mute automation makes me loopy.  How do you like the CLX btw?

Zach Griffen

The CLX is a great unit.  Mine is being used by my client while I fix their real one.  We did a side by side comparison & it is very close sounding.  The only real difference is a slightly cleaner signal, but compression characteristic is the same.

wondering if anyone still has the 160VU overlay for the adjustment / calibration pots. i'd love to get a copy.

Walrus said:
My scan pf the alignment procedure and overlay/map is in the Tech Docs section.

Hello! I tried searching in the tech section as I am also looking for calibrating my DBX 160 VU. If anybody can help in identifying each trim resistor's function that would be very much appreciated.
8)

Latest posts

Back