motorola 2n3055

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iprovlek

Hi guys!

Help me with this?

Just wanna know is this real one or FAKE?

I bought it on trade fair!

Attachments

• motorola 2n3055.jpg
    motorola 2n3055.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 58
What exactly do you mean by real?  How are you using them that you expect to matter?

it says 2n3055...  The logo and date code appear authentic... (1988 IIRC was just before, or around the time Motorola sold their mexican to-3 operation). 

There may be enough demand for "real" old 3055 for the pukes to counterfeit them.

JR

PRR says you can apply a voltage and see how they hold up :)

I would just go ahead and assume they're fake.

http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=42602.0

Fake, is a bit strong... Most manufacturers consider it a good thing to substitute newer more modern parts in place of older, slower, lower performance parts.

This has been well discussed in that other thread and elsewhere...  better parts do not always work better if the old design can not handle modern gain-bandwidht or whatever else changed.

The proper direction would be to retire the legacy 3055 number, but that will never happen as long as people still want to buy them... I even recall mosfets branded with variants of 3055 to get the name recognition as a BSH part.  (brick _ house). The early 3055 was slow and hard to kill.

JR

Latest posts

Back