Smoking pot

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freq Band

GDIY Supporter
I quit smoking it many years ago, and even though now there is THC available at legal outlets here in Los Angeles, I still have not given it a try again. It didn't make me lazy...it made me start a million projects without the compensatory energy required to finish many of them.
The smell of burnt cannabis if often detected outside (inside) of music studios, and I wonder if this helped the music attain betterness, tenderness, or lessorness. ??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvGJvzwKqg0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIGwhNAUXkg&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyPYM5uUViI&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9zcLAUp5E0&feature=related

Dude...

All me and my friends wanted was that day to come when you could buy smoke like cigarettes.
In '96 I quit after huffing most of my life because it dried up for two whole weeks and being 40 I figured ok.

Nuts now it's as good as legal and I never could get enough hash! Kinda pisses me off now......
But my wife is 'prolly right, the mood swings were a bit much. (check avatar)

I feel it effects people differently. Some get real creative, motivated and work well, others get lazy and isolated. You never know what will happen as it is different from person to person.  My 2 cents is that it's mostly harmless much to the same effect that booze is mostly harmless. It should be legal and could improve things if it was.

I don't smoke it and never got into it but I also never made judgement of those who do or did. Far worse things going on then pot smoking I say.

While producing it can help people to focus on music creation one step at a time, to better seperate and listen to elements and appreciate and deal with complexity, pay more attention to texture, dimension etc. It can also lead to incredibly monotonous, repetative, unimaginative garbage. Sometimes I get to hear music from people where it's absolutely clear they were stoned producing it and thought it was the bees knees. But it's not, it was the pot that made them think it was great.  ;D

So as always, it depends more on the person smoking it than the drug itself, I think. Lot's of artists have used drugs, and oftentimes it has helped them achieve better results, but it's still the artist's brain that does the creating.

Given this is a DIY group I thought you had a problem with a rotary potentiometer taking too much current!

I don't give a shit what the shit did to me, its the senility I can't stand.

Cheers

Ian

Given this is a DIY group I thought you had a problem with a rotary potentiometer taking too much current!

Naturally !!  lol  ;D

without the compensatory energy required to finish many of them

I'm not sure if you are stating this as a good thing or bad thing but I'll add the following from my experience:

I've learned that pretty much anything that gives you a boost beyond your natural capacity obtained by food, water and exercise extracts a price.  I'm not trying to be a health preacher to anyone, it's just a reality I've personally had to face after turning 40+.

This includes excess sugar , caffeine, all "stuff" legal and non legal, alcohol, Red Bull and all the other assorted OTC "health supplements" regardless of how pretty the girl in the advertisements are or what the doctor's credentials are or how upscale the store you by them from are.

It's really like spending money you don't have.  You can get fooled because your body calls upon vast reserves to get by but just like the credit card company, it has to be repaid.  For me that usually means a day of rest.

I'm actually glad I turned off that road before the current situation, which would make it easier to dig a deeper hole.  But at least for special times when it's understood that it will be for creative purposes you don't have to worry about being taken down by a SWAT team.  :eek:

This is getting  kinda heavy for DIY....

But for personal use

Build your own

Brew your own.

You get the best

And you know whats in it !!!

Grow your own at your own risk

;)

Being Dutch I have been smoking since I am 18, now 48...
But due to the fact that I work since 31 years, it never went out of control.

I like it at night together wit a good Trappist, like a Westmalle Triple.
Does take off the rough edges of life, and I am fine with that.

Being abroad a lot of my life I have no problem being without it at all.

Just my 2 gramms .......

Willem.

Well, here in Spain it is illegal, but actually it's easy to obtain hash or weed

I smoke hash instead cigarettes and I have zero health issues and zero problems to make a normal life, work, study and all about.

And, nothing is better than rolling my own while the solder is warming up...

But I know some people who smokes one joint and gets unable to do anything, it depends of the people....

And now, I'm working on a DIY weed project with a friend, photos will come soon... ;D

justanalogue said:
Being Dutch I have been smoking since I am 18, now 48...
But due to the fact that I work since 31 years, it never went out of control.
x2

most musicians i know/knew didn't do drugs to heighten their music...but to drown out other problems.
i found with pot i got dumb and forgetful.
after a few beers, it slowed me down enough to quiet my rapid firing brain to focus more(only a few drinks, not plowed)
I don't really recommend it, nor would i return to any mind altering substance other then a few drinks.

Point: most musicians use drugs for social situations or escape...not so much for musical creativity..
...i think the ones that use it for musical creativity are really doing it in the presence of other musicians or habit.

Yea it effects everyone differently, I had friends who can totally function perfectly, with apparent increased mental capacity while stoned. In my experience though I never was one of those people. Spent a good amount of my life trying to prove that I could handle it, with varied success. But I realized it really it wasn't worth it to me. I'm glad to hear they are loosening up on it, let people decide for themselves if its something they want or not.
I second the comment made about "everything having a price". Balanced diet and exercise can be surprisingly invigorating.

Dope is dope. It does exactly what it says....it dopes you.

Thumbs down.

Latest posts

Back