Lee Jackson 500 series modules

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okgb

Known for his guitar amps / mods & pedals , not sure when he entered the 500 game
but saw an ebay listing for creamy compressor [ la-3 ish ? ] for 300.00

http://www.leejackson.com/Pro_Studio_Gear.html

These kind of match the pedals for guitar he makes.  My guess is it allows Guitarist to have a rack system of pedals as well as a new record market for DAW's with amp modeling .  Mr. Springy is a pedal he makes with a chip module for the spring characteristics.    price is right. 

Tube stuff in a 500 series module makes me curious.. most oldschool tube gear that I think sounds good uses 240-300 volts... this uses 16? or a voltage doubler? hmm...

on the GearBUT? forum someone said they asked him and it was an all analog hybrid circuit
carefully tuned after years of effort  , yeah , not expensive if you want a guitar eq
easy to port the pedals over to 500 , and the 500 sweepstakes continues ...................

Seems like a good way to increase profit on existing designs, I noticed he potted most of the circuitry. 

I'd really like to try the Spring Verb, not too sure  about the lack of a real spring though.

Ah, just listened to the demo comparing a Deluxe Reverb against Mr. Springy. Even though Lee says they sound the same, lot's of depth and character, the pedal doesn't quite have the hought-spa of the real deal.

Regards,
Mark

buildafriend said:
Tube stuff in a 500 series module makes me curious.. most oldschool tube gear that I think sounds good uses 240-300 volts... this uses 16? or a voltage doubler? hmm...

nothing a good ol dc-dc converter can't cure. Take for example rolls music tube mic pre for 500 series, runs off proper plate voltage with a dc-dc conveter but I do not know any further then that as that was my only questions to them at last aes.

Latest posts

Back