Ruffrecords PCB Emporium -- Sifam PB 01/51/000 Keycaps available

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just received a batch of 3U Helios EQ boards. Now the the 3U Helios with gain make up is working this will probably be the last batch of Helios EQ only boards in 3U format. I will continue to make the original Helios EQ only  board available. Stock levels have been updated.

I have also tested the new Lo Hum version of the Classic Solo PCB. This will replace the Classic Solo V2 board when stock runs out (only one left). The Lo Hum version gives a 3dB reduction is hum/noise level but only works with 6.3VAC heaters. Unless lots of people suddenly decide they need 12,6VAC heaters, I will discontinue the Classic Solo V2 and replace it with the Lo Hum version. Price will be unchanged.

Cheers

Ian

Another batch of REDDEQ PCBs arrived yesterday so plenty in stock now. I am glad I ordered these before Brexit!!

Cheers

Ian

ruffrecords said:
Another batch of REDDEQ PCBs arrived yesterday so plenty in stock now. I am glad I ordered these before Brexit!!

Cheers

Ian

regardloess of all this brexit madness i'm sure that our little diy crowd will stick together as usual. i really hope that the big players feel the same - and all turns out well.

ViciusbeatZ said:
Hi ruff records!!
do you have a front panel for your poor mans eq pultec?

Regards!!

I don't have a front panel design for it I am afraid.  Lot's of people have built this design and I suspect just about every one of them has designed their own front panel. Lots of people have built it into 19 in racks. You can see pictures of them at Pierre's gallery.

Cheers

Ian

I am off on holiday for two weeks. We are planning a computer free holiday so I will be unable to take orders or answer queries in that time. Back on Monday 19th September.

Cheers

Ian

I have had some deliveries so I have updated the stock list at the emporium:

http://www.customtubeconsoles.com/ruff-records-pcb-empporium

Plenty of REDD EQ and Classic Solo Lo Hum PCBs now in stock. Also added the recently commissioned 3U Helios with built in tube gain make up and a new batch of custom mains transformers for the Classic Solo have also arrived so these are now imcluded in the list.

Cheers

Ian

We are moving to a smaller house in a few months so I need to downsize everything including PCB Emporium stock. So for the next month there is 20% off all off everything. With the pound at its weakest for decades  and a 20% discount its time for a bargain,. Just email me your requirements as usual and I will Paypal you for the sale amount.

Cheers

Ian

Our house move has been delayed (sigh) so I am taking the opportunity to reduce stocks further by extending the 20% discount until the end of December.

Cheers

Ian

We just completed the second and final house move but I will not have internet access for a couple of weeks - thanks BT. In the meantime I will have a occasional access at various cafes and superstores so please do not worry if it takes a few days to reply to emails.

Cheers

ian

At latest the phone line has been connected to our new home and I have a working Internet connection. Business as usual.

Cheers

Ian

About how much gain does the tube make up gain SRPP provide?
Sorry if you have this in the documentation somewhere but I could not find it.

dmp said:
About how much gain does the tube make up gain SRPP provide?
Sorry if you have this in the documentation somewhere but I could not find it.

I am assuming you mean the 6922 SRPP.  The 6922 mu follower has about 28dB gain. I have not actually measured the SRPP version gain but it will be a few dB lower than the mu follower version. Probably around 23dB.

Cheers

Ian

I was looking at the PMTGMU board.  I found your documentation in the PMTGMU folder on google drive.  This answers all my questions. Thanks!
I think setting it up as the 6922 mu follower will work for my application.

Just received a new batch of the original 3 Band Pultec EQ.

Also just ordered a new batch of REDDEQ boards.

Cheers

ian

Now I am settled in my new home I have restocked the PCBs in the emporium so there is plenty of everything.

I am gradually  moving over to EQs with built in tube gain make up so I will be retiring the poor man's tube gain make up board as it is now incorporated in the EQ with gain boards. The Helios 69 + gain board is now joined by the 3 Band Pultec version. Both these boards incorporate the EQ, a gain make up amplifier, EQ in/out switching and space for an input transformer which should simplify wiring somewhat and ensure there are no long leads from EQ outputs to tube amp inputs. These boards are 100% compatible with the EZTubeMixer standard so if you want to build them into a 3U lunchbox you can just plug them into one of my backplane boards. I will be completing the line up with a REDDEQ version shortly. I will continue to stock the original 3 Band Pultec, Helios and REDD EQ board for anyone who does not want to use a tube gain make up stage.

http://www.customtubeconsoles.com/ruff-records-pcb-empporium

Cheers

Ian

A lot of people were having trouble finding the Sifam PB 01/51/000 keycaps that are used with the ALPS push buttons in my Eurochannel design. They can still be made but the MOQ is 1000. So I bit the bullet and order 250 each of red, black, white and grey. I am happy to supply them in multiples of four, any colour combination, for £1.

Cheers

Ian

Latest posts

Back