photos from the les paul estate auction held earlier this month

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow!    Looking at all the stuff collected by a Legend. 

You see all the gear and realize it would not matter what  gear he used.  The mad genius would have come up with the sounds/songs anyway.

Those look like Langevine 251 Eqs in that old 16x1 console.  I would love to have those.

However, for some reason it makes me want to start getting rid of some of my stuff before my daughter has to figure out what to do with it. LOL

pucho812 said:
not all of his items were sold. In fact the original 8 track and 9 channel console are in the smithsonian museum in Washington d.c.

I was wondering what happened to those.  I couldn't find mention of them in the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame.

Also the two early prototype Fairchilds.  Any idea what happened to those?

lassoharp said:
pucho812 said:
not all of his items were sold. In fact the original 8 track and 9 channel console are in the smithsonian museum in Washington d.c.

I was wondering what happened to those.  I couldn't find mention of them in the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame.

Also the two early prototype Fairchilds.  Any idea what happened to those?

well Les said that they were in pieces as rein narma and him never finished them.

Listen...

http://mixonline.com/TECnology-Hall-of-Fame/les-on-fairchild.mp3

Back