Neumann Cmv3 rft 7151 or equivalents help please!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

btown2009

I have been trying to track down for many months either a neumann cmv3, rft 7151 7049, telefunken ela, or equivalent microphone. Either to buy, or just need the measurements of it.
Could someone please help me?????
-Chris

Hi Chris,

I saw your previous post and perhaps nobody answered because they are not that common - a lot of members here are DIYers, working on a budget, and these old mics are often overpriced.

Have you tried posting this over on Klaus's Heyne's forum? A lot of the mic collectors go there so you stand a better chance of finding an owner.

"Either to buy, or just need the measurements of it."

Also, what do you want the mic / measurements for? Do they have to be exact to machine replacement parts?
I have a couple of big bottle mics that I could measure, but they will not be the same as the Neumann and RFT models.

Stewart

DSC08018.jpg

and

TeladiPic.jpg

The second one is a Teladi. I don't know the manufacturer of the first.

How about measurements of that teladi, the inner tube of it between the end caps?
Gee its a great looking mic, i like Big al too, it looks hand made!

Hi Chris,

Yes, big Al is quite a thing. I still haven't found time to get him going, but one day soon.

It will take a small effort to take it apart and measure the internal tube. And no guarantee that it is the same as the Neumann mics.

So..... Quid pro quo! I'll measure it if you share what you're up to!

Cheers!

Stewart

Well i'll make it a short story, last year i was asked if i could start producing a new production of the beatles rooftop concert microphones, i said yes. I during that time, realized, since my studio was starting to get put together, that i would build a complete tube studio, and during that time i started producing prototype microphones of the large big al variety.
My dream was to build copies of the Neumann cmv3, with the RFT 7151 style electronics. Now i have the electronics and one prototype finished, but i would like it to be roughly the size of one of these bottle mics, so i've been seeking some dimensions, apparently that teladi is quite close to the neumann cmv3 size.
-Chris

Luck didn't come into it - I just had to remember at the right time!

Here we go....

The central cylinder on Big Al is 74 mm in diameter and 190 mm long.

The central cylinder on the Teladi is 90 mm in diameter and 215 mm long.

They are big mics!

Hope that helps,

Stewart

Latest posts

Back