Very interesting hong kong company, DAC's and amps. Any experience with these?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kingston

http://www.audio-gd.com/En%20audio-gd.htm

I bumped in to this looking for "sparrow dac". Seems to be some older and highly customisable model of theirs. They have several even newer very inexpensive but good looking ones.

They also have some hardcore DAC units!

RE10.5.JPG

Any experience with these guys?

This "kingwa" person who does the design seems to know what he is doing. And when he says 'discrete' he really means it. There aren't even chip regulators there, but his own discrete designs. These in a $200 unit that seems very well built. I may have to bite the bullet with one of the DAC/headphone amps. Even the cheap ones use a parallel DAC design to take down the noise floor a bit further (two separate DAC's per stereo output).

mnats said:
Kingston said:
I may have to bite the bullet with one of the DAC/headphone amps.

Before you jump, have a look around this blog: nwavguy.blogspot.com

Kind of interesting but limited to USB. Not really convenient in a studio. These audio-gd units just about all have spdif coaxial and optical inputs. Some even have balanced XLR outputs. They also come fully assembled.

[edit]

...if it's ODAC you were talking about.

Kingston said:
Kind of interesting but limited to USB. Not really convenient in a studio. These audio-gd units just about all have spdif coaxial and optical inputs. Some even have balanced XLR outputs. They also come fully assembled.

[edit]

...if it's ODAC you were talking about.

I wasn't specifically referring to it, but note that the TE7022L chip used does have S/PDIF TX & RX and it is only available fully assembled (though a box is optional).

Back