Insight into Recapping Amek Mozart Rn-15 modules

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeremycox

Hello,

I've come across a large number of RN-15 mozart modules, and was hoping to find someone with some insight into getting these things back up to proper working order.  I know they are notorious for cooking components. 

Anyone repaired these before?

Thanks in advance,

Jeremy

I maintained one for over a decade.  The only things that would cook were the obsolete mic pre chips, which I think are made by THAT again, and the barely adequate PSU.
If you are racking them then just deal with decoupling and signal path electrolytics.  Do the EQ last and don't bother with the AUX section.  Some rackers cut the group routing and AUX sections off to fit a 19" rack case.
Mike

Don't recap them... Sell them to me and François !!!
Seriously, be really gentle on the heater temperature if you don't want to damage the PCB ...
Be patient, more than patient...
And sell a few of them to me !

sodderboy said:
I maintained one for over a decade.  The only things that would cook were the obsolete mic pre chips, which I think are made by THAT again, and the barely adequate PSU.
If you are racking them then just deal with decoupling and signal path electrolytics.  Do the EQ last and don't bother with the AUX section.  Some rackers cut the group routing and AUX sections off to fit a 19" rack case.
Mike
You're talking about MZ11 or MZ12 ... MZ15 are really different beasts designed by Mr NEVE

Latest posts

Back