Stereo Interleaved vs. Split Stereo

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mulletchuck

Ok, this is totally boggling my mind right now. 

I took an apple loop (.caf) file and converted it to a stereo .aif file.  yay.    Then, because I wanted to EQ only one side of the stereo file, I thought "Lemme turn this into a split interleaved stereo file, so it will show up as 2 mono files"    So, i did that.  Now, when I load them into a project, and pan hard L/R for the respective stem, all panning information that was in the original AIF file is gone.   

Why is that?  Shouldn't that information be retained?

mulletchuck said:
Ok, this is totally boggling my mind right now. 

I took an apple loop (.caf) file and converted it to a stereo .aif file.  yay.    Then, because I wanted to EQ only one side of the stereo file, I thought "Lemme turn this into a split interleaved stereo file, so it will show up as 2 mono files"    So, i did that.  Now, when I load them into a project, and pan hard L/R for the respective stem, all panning information that was in the original AIF file is gone.   

Why is that?  Shouldn't that information be retained?

So you are saying what's in the "left" file is not the same as what's in the AIF's left channel?

-a

yeah.  I got it working, tho.    I redid the process in a new session and it worked.    I had also left out the step of "Disconnect Split Stereo Files", which was the missing link.

Latest posts

Back