Instrument Spliter+Headphone Monitor Combo?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brak01

I would like to create a device that I would plug my instrument into which would give me an output would be as identical as possible to the original input, and a volume controlled headphone output.

Thanks for the reply.

I don't know what would be best to do what I want. I am only an amateur/hobbyist when it comes to electronics.

So I would like to be able to have a headphone-amp type device that I can plug my instrument into so I can put a small ear-bud in my ear to hear myself, but at the same time be able to send a direct signal from the transducer to the mixer without any signal loss (a mid-range decrease would be nice however).

So I'm looking for some input, ideas, suggestions, schematics, kits, or actual products.

An effective and simple way to do this would be an opamp like Ne5532 and few resistors. The signal feeds both inputs, one output as buffer without gain, just a resistor for impedance matching as direct output and the other one, with gain to feed a headphone amp.
There are many schematics, just need to pick one out for your liking. Maybe you want a two stage preamp to match the level from your Instrument to the Headphones.
Best regards
T.

Back