Wtd: Schematic for Groove Tubes 1B Mic

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

echo zulu

I have one of these mics and someone removed the tube. I need the schematic to replace it. Does anyone have a copy?

...Thanks!

pucho812 said:
try asking Aspen Pitma(sp), he founded GT and is a nice guy. I am sure he still has all that stuff.

[email protected]

or ask the current groove tubes owner

[email protected]

I tried contacting "Aspen Associates" via email and by phone weeks ago. No answer.

I also tried calling Fender. They had no idea what I was talking about - the guy on the phone was trying to Google the mic while I was talking to him ...he had never heard of it!

Replace with another 6205 then?

Grid to capsule, heaters to heater supply, anode to whatever resistor that goes in the HT direction, cathode to whatever goes low-to-medium resistance towards ground, extra grids (if pentode) to anode or cathode?

Jakob E.

Sorry , you could have added that info , but as gyraf says , knowing the tube
shouldn't be too hard to trace the typical connections , maybe a chance to rebuild it better

Thanks for the replies...

Unfortunately it's not that obvious what goes where on the tube connections. Reverse engineering the circuit is complicated by the use of an FET front end. If someone knows of a similar circuit online using something like a 6205 tube and 2SK117 FET, that would be very helpful.

Latest posts

Back