Yamaha P3500 for reference Amp

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andybot

Hi,
im looking to upgrade me reference amp and saw this amp on the ebay up here in canada.

Yamaha P3500 350 watts x 2 at 8 ohms power amplifier TRUE BEAST | eBay

I will probably be upgrading my monitors at a later date to but just so you know im using Alesis One and vintage Large Avents to monitor.

Anyone have any experiance with these amps and whats your opinion?
Also if your selling an amp drop me a line I may be interested, i am up in canada.

Thx for your time
A

I used Yamaha "P" series (P2050, P2100, p2200) for 25 years.
When Jim Williams was upgrading some of my equipment,
I asked him what could I do with the Yamahas. He said "throw them out,
upgrade to ADCOM GFA series." Replaced They sound great.

Thx. I was looking into the adcom gfa amps last night so this is interesting you should say this. I think it was the gfa 545 but it seems that the series that you buy matters in terms of quality of build.
Thx Again

but it seems that the series that you buy matters in terms of quality of build.
Yes, you want the series one. not two, they sound better, if that's what you mean.
The different models (GFA 545,555,etc.) are different watts and they do look different inside,
but I don't think that is build quility, just watts.
In the main studio, I'm using GFA 555 for mains, GFA 545 for nearfields
and GFA 535 for headphones. Also GFA 545 for NS-10's and various smaller speakers in protools room.
BTW, I still have all the Yamaha's (all have been recapped) if your interested.

Thx Winetree, ill pass on the yamahas, i was advised by Winetree, he posts on here often, that id be better to go with an Adcom so ill be looking for one of those...seriously though I will be in touch if i decide to go with a Yamaha. If you have prices in mind please pm them to me if you ship to Canada that it.
Thyx for the Advice
A

Back