Nuemann PV46 preamplifier board

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

delphi

I recently acquired a Nuemann PV46 preamp board, which I have just finished recapping. However, although I have searched high and low - I cannot find a schematic (apart from one which is of such poor quality resolution it isn"t usable) . Obviously I can trace out the inputs and outputs on the back connector and thus sort out implentation of phantom, phase and pad. but I need more information so I can figure out how to make the gain variable etc ( up to its maximum 46dB) etc. Can anyone here help me out please?

From what I can see from the bad quality schematic there are two resistors (same value) that set the maximum gain on a set basis - so possibly a dual gang pot could get me where in need to go - but I am not at all sure this is the right direction. This is the PV46, not the PV46a, b or c variant.

Thanks

Yes, setting gain on the PV46 involves changing value of two resistors, R11 and R12.

Best done with a dual-deck rotary switch, if adjustable gain is wanted.

schematic on my site gyraf.dk

Jakob E.

Thanks Gyraf - much appreciate the reply.

Will go look. The other part of the schematic that is too fuzzy to clearly discern is changing another resistor for alternate maximum levels of out for 200 ohm and 600 ohm - but that's a much less critical thing for me to sort our compared with the gain switching. A dual gang 12 way rotary should suffice. I presume make before break???

Looking forward to hearing how this preamp actually sounds assuming I use a microphone with enough output so that the 46dB max gain is not an issue.

Gyraf = I should have looked at your schematic before posting precious reply> can now see clearly what is involved and also note the maximum out for 200/600 is simply a jumper open or closed issue on the pin out.

Appreciate this.

Latest posts

Back