How do I attach a CK12 capsule to the original C12 circuit?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muffy1975

hey people,

i want to attach a new AMI Ck12 capsule to this design which i will build from scratch.

How do know which wire is which with regards the diagram of the AKG c12 circuit and the new Ck12 from AMI?

The CK12 has four wires. Great.

Two wires come from the side  front and back of the capsule and two wires come from the top of the capsule.

Is it really obvious?

Attachments

• AKG-c12.pdf
    41.3 KB · Views: 105
The wires attached to the sides are the backplate connections (the wires coming from the middle of the capsule in the schematic). The wires attached to the rims are for the diaphragms. The squiggly arrow on the schematic indicates the front diaphragm. Which diaphragm is the front? That may be up to you, if it is not marked somehow by the supplier. An email to microphone_parts might shed some light on the situation. The other option is to try both sides, and pick the one you like. Unfortunately, I can't answer you about which backplate goes where (they are wired together in the "clone" I made). Maybe someone with more knowledge than me can help.

-James-

You can see how the two backplates work on a ELAM 251 schematic. For multipattern switching, the backplates can be polarized differently. This allows the ELAM 251 to connect the capsule directly to the grid without a blocking capacitor. Most mic capsules have shared backplates for the front and back, which would be the same as you joining the two wires. The C12 circuit uses a shared backplate.

dmp said:
You can see how the two backplates work on a ELAM 251 schematic. For multipattern switching, the backplates can be polarized differently. This allows the ELAM 251 to connect the capsule directly to the grid without a blocking capacitor. Most mic capsules have shared backplates for the front and back, which would be the same as you joining the two wires. The C12 circuit uses a shared backplate.

yep, i'm assuming they spec'ed the split backplates for the blackspade UM25 (based on 251).

dmp said:
You can see how the two backplates work on a ELAM 251 schematic. For multipattern switching, the backplates can be polarized differently. This allows the ELAM 251 to connect the capsule directly to the grid without a blocking capacitor.
Got a ELAM 251 schematic anywhere?

ricardo said:
Got a ELAM 251 schematic anywhere?

I have this, but it is a little small....

http://www.xaudia.com/xaudia/Schematics/Pages/ELAM_files/Media/m251e/m251e.jpg

Stewart

Latest posts

Back