Electronics bench height

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

audioguyMI

I'm building a new bench.

I plan to have work areas for several different sorts of tasks.  So I want to ask the question of whoever might answer - how high would you make your bench specificially for electronic work?

I've worked at any number of commercial benches over the years, as well as kitchen tabletops and other surfaces as needed doing field service.  I'm wondering if anyone does any work in an office chair at something around desktop height - 27" to 30".

In the end I think I'm going to have to try one height and risk having to move it.  I briefly considered making it adjustable, but I think that's silly, as I already have other surfaces at varying heights - this bench will be exclusive to troubleshooting electronics and soldering.

So, what do you think?  High, low, in-between?  30", 38", 40", or what?

I think that if you are going to build the bench, you should build it according to your body, im  short guy so i probably wont be happy with a very tall bench, so i would say, imagine youself bent over soldering or tracing a pcb rail, then imagine which position is the most comfortable, and there you have your bench height!

+ 1 on the standing bench, you can buy a tall stool and stand up or sit down if you get tired, and again, do it according to what seems more comfortable to you, even if its not a standard height.

Latest posts

Back