Preview of my forthcoming release...

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Occasionally, yes. Some tracks for DJ Proteus's Skylight project.. A really nice trip-hop album from Lubo-Mir.. Not too many really, I guess people haven't realized yet I have my background and roots in techno.

My own noise experiments have been on hold for a good while. Hoping to get going on with them soon enough. I'm even selling some synths to clear the desk and mind.

Nice ! hope it does well for you
I liked that " electronic " bass bottom end
[ I totally jest , but because the music suggested imagery ]
What kind of clothing do you recommend when listening to the music ?

Hello Radiance,

Your music is truly wonderful - deep, real, flowing. I can just hear how these tracks will work and create a vibe in the spaces i play.

I'm sure everyone will comment on the sound you get (which is amazing and so 'analog' but 'hifi'), i'll add to this and say that i hear 'music' in these tunes.. not a 'cubase grid'..

Thanks for sharing your music with us.

regards

Disco Harry - Melbourne, Australia

Thanks all for the very kind words!

Viitalahde said:
My own noise experiments have been on hold for a good while. Hoping to get going on with them soon enough. I'm even selling some synths to clear the desk and mind.

You should go on with it. Nowadays, pure uncut techno is coming back.
Selling some gear? I remember reading an old post from you, upgrading opamps in an old Roland system 100 (or so??)..replacements were OPA604 ough!!

okgb said:
[ I totally jest , but because the music suggested imagery ]
What kind of clothing do you recommend when listening to the music ?

Being but naked...put some oil on and shake it up a little  ;-)

spacecho said:
I'm sure everyone will comment on the sound you get (which is amazing and so 'analog' but 'hifi'), i'll add to this and say that i hear 'music' in these tunes.. not a 'cubase grid'..

For this EP I tried to make simple songs which can easily be reproduced in a live set...What you hear is mostly analog synths...MS20, SH101, Prophet 5 and Rhodes. I sample everything...or jam my way through a song.
Then I can go back in the DAW and add effects and all.  For drums, it's mostly 808 and 909 sounds...

Track sounds great!

I really like how your bass and kick sound in your mix.

ITB or OTB?

What equipment did you use? Any DIY gear??

canidoit said:
Track sounds great!

I really like how your bass and kick sound in your mix.

ITB or OTB?

What equipment did you use? Any DIY gear??

It's analog synths but all mixing was done ITB. DIY gear used was a G9 and a green pre for boosting synth levels. Don't think this did much to change the sound though. I also used my DIY summing mixer as a glorified monitor controller...

Nice tracks Roland!
Thought everyone here was too busy geeking out to actually create music!

reminds me of Pantha du Prince

The 'deep' and 'warm' analog techo stuff is defiantly making a bit of a resurgence.

These are gorgeous Roland - I'm very impressed. 

I'll be picking up at least a couple of the tracks from Beatport when I get home later.

radiance said:
For this EP I tried to make simple songs which can easily be reproduced in a live set...What you hear is mostly analog synths...MS20, SH101, Prophet 5 and Rhodes. I sample everything...or jam my way through a song.
Then I can go back in the DAW and add effects and all.  For drums, it's mostly 808 and 909 sounds...

radiance said:
It's analog synths but all mixing was done ITB. DIY gear used was a G9 and a green pre for boosting synth levels. Don't think this did much to change the sound though. I also used my DIY summing mixer as a glorified monitor controller...

Latest posts

Back