Nissei VU meters: -Anyone got one who can take a measurement?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SSLtech

Long time no time...  :)

I have a question about Nissei's moving coil VU meters. -Does anyone have one who can take a measurement for me... or -more accurately- TWO measurements?

The first measurement is: can anyone confirm that the "VU" scaled meters are in fact DC (meaning that they try to go 'backwards' if you reverse the polarity) reading?

The second is: what's the full-scale deflection? -I can't find any figures on their web site, though that may well be a failing on my part.

I suspect that it might be about 150µA, which would mean that a 9V battery with a 56k resistor should produce approximately full-scale deflection... (i.e. approx. +3dBVU) and a 100k-120k resistor should produce approximately half-scale deflection (i.e. pointing straight up the middle, or approx. -3dBVU)

i'd be most grateful if anyone could check these two things for me!

Yo... from a quick google it looks like they make a bunch of different VU models.

have you tried contacting them in taiwan?

Company Name:Taiwan Nissei Sokki Co.Street Address:No. 2, Ln 21, Cheng Kong Rd. , Panchiao Country/Region:China(Taiwan)Zip:22070 Telephone:86-512-68238996

email would be nice... and english speakers. but they want ice water in hell (and MS).

JR

I think Mike has his made "special" for him.

Nope, DC only makes the meter go "up" regardless of the polarity.

Yep, 9V through 56k reads about +2 on my Hairball 8037. The Modutec next to it reads around  +1 with the same setup.

HTH

Latest posts

Back