API active combining amplifier is it a 325 card with reverse polarity?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coldsnow

Hi all is  the API ACA or active combining amplifier used to combine channels on a mixer, just an API 325 card with the polarity reversed on the inputs of the opamp?

No. It is a 4 way board purpose designed as a summimg amp, sometimes with an FET switch to add in another signal, (cue, tone etc). I'll try and remember to upload a schematic to the group in the morning.

Sorry slightly wrong with my answer. :-[
The 325 card *is* used as a combining amp, as you said, and is described on page 5 here http://www.classicapi.com/catalog/images/reference_docs/325-docs.pdf.

But generally an API *ACA*  is as I said, 4 amps (2520's and AP2623-4 transformers) mounted on one card.
Just looked through all my schematics, and I don't have one for the ACA!!

Thank you very much.  It looks like c3  c5. R1 and r2 on the 325 are not needed and can be left out, correct?  Also, the manual states a 12000 ohm resister is used on each channel for summing?  Is this correct?  I'm only running 2 channels into it. 

If you are making your own 325 then you do not need to add those components.
The 12k summing resistor is correct with the values of Rf and Cf and voltage gains given in the table.

Thank you for your help.  One mor question, would you have the output of the card go to the negative side of the output transformer to reverse phase pack to normal or do it Fter the transformer?
Thanks again

Latest posts

Back