Push Switches for GSSL with 2 SSC and Turbo board

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aniol1349

Hey guys!

I'm building my first gssl and I got a case from pursha which is designed for push switches and it has 3 of them, one for turbo, one for bypass and one for power..I wasn't really planning to use those and I can understand now how it should to work..I have two ssc boards + turbo + CRC and I don't really want to mess around with more boards anymore..can I just use those switches as normal switches without building any boards?
which switches should I use? EAO? do I need anything else for them to work? I don't really care about the illumination I just want the thing to work..
I could add the other features later..

I hope someone could answer this for me..

Thanks for your time!

He told me I need EAO for 16mm holes, but this still doesn't answer my question..
the main thing I want to know is if I can use those switches without building anymore pcb's or anything for them..
the most important is for me the power switch..I can get the bypass and turbo one working later on..

as this is my first build everything is still confusing..I'm spending hours on researching everything, I got a nice book as well and I'm really keen to learn but in the rush of everyday life, work etc. is hard and frustrating when something is stopping your progress..

He should support his products better, His communication tends to favor his financial position ,
Good luck , if i had experience or knew I'd tell you , hopefully someone will .

that's the thing..you can do a massive research but most likely is never gonna be exactly what you are looking for..
I'm spending hours reading every aspect of my build but sometimes you just need some help from someone who've done it and know the right answer for your question..

Aniol1349 said:
He told me I need EAO for 16mm holes, but this still doesn't answer my question..
Without further information, this was the best answer you could expect.
What is your location and maybe relevant the location when touring. (AC mains voltage?, what safety agency applies for this location (UL, CSA, CE, TÜV, IEC, CCC, PSE, VDE, Nemco, Semko, ...), single pole switching sufficient or switching both phase and neutral mandatory, has approval for IP40,44,65,...whatever...).
For your 16mm diameter cutout, EAO switches series 31, 51 or 61 might fit.

Hard wire the power for now... bypass the "power switch" Get the sucka working.

Aniol1349 said:
anyone knows good substitute for the EAO switches? they're all cool but the price is just too much..

http://eu.mouser.com/ProductDetail/NKK-Switches/HB16CKW01-5F-JB/?qs=3L%2fMlmHBgXGvmqjp0XZrUSGC85LWelXXPXy76AHtYY7EYWvMHWPwuA%3d%3d << would this NKK switch work?
Still no location update in your profile, but I don't know of any place where this max.0.1A/30VAC rated NKK switch would work for switching whatever value your local AC mains voltage might be.

Maybe this APEM switching operator + cap + switching block, depending on needed poles + optional illumination for the total (you want a latching, not momentary) switching module could be your ticket to get price down.

Thanks guys for all the advice..I finally understand what I should pay attention to when choosing my switch..what was confusing me was that some people were building small 24v power supplies for the illumination..

sorry for these really basic questions but everyone have to learn :)

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back