Laser Engraving over the internets

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sbranco

I know some of you have had faceplates laser engraved and even have your own engraving machines and punch sets, milling machines, etc.

I was having a plaque made for something unrelated and came across alot of websites that do laser engraving. Hopefully in a few months I am going to be looking for a cheap but good looking faceplate.

This website seems to have a lot of options of materials. Custom size, free shipping, no setup fee, no minimum.
Looks like a faceplate could be done for about $26 shipped for aluminum and $29 for steel.

This would be a thin piece of metal plate that I was thinking of bolting over an Avid 888 chassis faceplate.

Deal? Worth a try or am I missing something? I don't recall finding any solution cheaper that might look as nice.

I am guessing that aluminum would be easier to drill the holes for stuff and would probably be strong enough to hold the few knobs and switches even if its thin?

http://www.plaquemaker.com/Plates/MetalPlates.html

Back