Racking a studer stereo micpre/eq from 089 console

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

electrisizer

hello guys,

i have an old studer unit from a 089 console... and want to build a rack for it.
its a stereo input module with micpre and EQ. no. 1.092.015

i want to use it as mic pre front end for recording, and for 2 bus/stem EQ sweetening with line in/out

i have build a PSU delivers 22V for unit and 48V for mic phantom power. so far so good.

BUT how is it with line in/out use? do i need a line driver amp. ive seen the console has such a module built in...

any help is welcome :) happy racking!!!

gyraf said:
Studer has all their manuals available at ftp.studer.ch

Jakob E.
Having someone walked the beatrn path may help along manuals cause the power supply suggested in manual is so big and out of imagination to remake,wr also dont need compressor meter and output amp schematics . I need some plain help about how to coonect 22 volt and pins also input of mic and output line and suggestion on need of transformer on output or not ! I asked dear pierrelagere on group and he is also willing to help me out,

Hi again
Would someone pls suggest that i can use switching psu or linear would be better by noise issue?
Also about the loose positive voltage how should be connected to ground or metal body of input  module?
Is 24 volt better by means of headroom raising?
Can i omit the extra small parts which are at the ports pcb of desk in the input side after connector ?
Can i use it s output unbalanced as i dont have output amplifier or auitable ttansformer?
Do you have any suggestion for output transformer?

Back