Credit Card Processing

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
riggler said:
I have used Authorize.net for a couple of projects, using their API. It is pretty good, and is documented fairly well.

+1

I've used it as the gateway at Hairball for 3 years. Good support.  For the other part (merchant account) I just use my banks merchant services.

Authorize.net supports several different transaction methods that require more or less security on your website. The PCI compliance for website security keeps getting more and more involved.

Is anybody doing anything with the new mobile payment platforms, based on smart phones or the like?

JR

I use Square in an iPhone for art shows and fiber festivals.  It works great for physical swiping, but I would not use it for online.

There I still use Paypal professionally.
Mike

+1
Square is great for on the go, in store credit card purchases. Paypal is supposedly coming out with the same type of thing.

I been using First Data for a few years now. I started with their online service and switched to having the processing integrated into my website. Both have been fairly reliable. Occasionally someone runs into a problem. If there is a problem it won't let them make a payment. It's never done anything worse than that.

Gold said:
I been using First Data for a few years now. I started with their online service and switched to having the processing integrated into my website. Both have been fairly reliable. Occasionally someone runs into a problem. If there is a problem it won't let them make a payment. It's never done anything worse than that.

I think everything ends up using First Data in someway now.  Even Authorize.net is "powered by first data".

I don't get it though.  If I did, this post would be much more informative and useful.

Latest posts

Back