Sontec Stereo EQ

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Biasrocks said:
I have the complete documentation including board layouts for Fabio's DIY Sontec project.

Hit me up and I'll forward them.

Regards,
Mark

Hai Mark,

Your inbox is full.  :)
Can you share the complete documentation DIY Sontec project please?

Regards,

Simon

Me too have been thinking about copying Igor's pcb's since taking scans from filter and amplifier boards (If it's not more than two layer board..).

.. but..

Would it be possible to ask Igor to share the pcb -files so we all could continue he's legacy ?:) PCBgrinder or somebody could arrange the manufacturing?

It would be more fair that way than sharing his design freely on the web?!?

/Henrik

Henkkamachine said:
Me too have been thinking about copying Igor's pcb's since taking scans from filter and amplifier boards (If it's not more than two layer board..).

.. but..

Would it be possible to ask Igor to share the pcb -files so we all could continue he's legacy ?:) PCBgrinder or somebody could arrange the manufacturing?

It would be more fair that way than sharing his design freely on the web?!?

/Henrik
[/rant_mode_on]
... and to expand to the request, could we ask Coca-Cola to share their secret recipe so we all could continue their legacy ? Pepsi or somebody could arrange the manufacturing ?

Instead you could rob a bank in order to buy the original product. Doesn't make it any better, although a robbed out bank might have a better chance to survive than a boutique audio designer ...

frightening ...
[/rant_mode_off]

Exactly.

I think it wouldn't be free anyways Harpo. I still remember what I paid for Sontec boards. And using simple math, selling those pcb's still would gain some glory for the inventor. But because  I don't know more about Igor's situation (which I've been trying to figure out).. Can't say more really.

/Henrik

Dear Diyer,

I just finished to build my Sontec Stereo EQ, and i ve got some trouble.
Only  HF Gain and frequency are responding, all other parameter doesn't work properly.
I hear a Humm noise when i try to change MF3 Freq value with frequency modulation but the sound doesn't change anymore.

I used Tantalum capacitor instead of electrolytic , is it possible that 's why it doesn't work ?
Is there a schematic of the unit it will be easier to debug.

Best regards,
Vincent

Biasrocks said:
I have the complete documentation including board layouts for Fabio's DIY Sontec project.

Hit me up and I'll forward them.

Regards,
Mark

could you forward to me as well - pleeeeassseee!

Back