Rode NT2 (the old one) upgrades / mods?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ln76d said:
Please Guys!
Can somebody could help to understood those Jim Williams recipes?
I'm on the way to finish my NT2, and i really want to apply those mods.
I wrote to Jim Williams on his mail, but he didn't answer.
If someone have any ideas, i'll be thankfull for help!
Schematic (jpg) is on attachement.

"First, the inductors off the output leads need to have a series resistor installed, I use 56.2 ohms."

Do i think correct, that Jim put two 56.2R resistors in series, one between L1 and xlr pin and second - between L2 and next xlr pin?

"Then the capsule polarization voltage is set too high. It needs to come down to +60 volts. To do that, I install a series resisor (1.5K) from the + V line feeding the oscillator pcb. Then a zener diode is fitted to clamp that voltage down until +60 volts is reached. Anything from 6.2 to 8.5V zeners will get there, select imperically."

Do i need to put 1.5k resistor instead "white wire" (from schematic) on +V point?
And here's the worst part:
"Then a zener diode is fitted to clamp" - where, what clamp? Where i need to put zener diode? Or He mean a zener D3 from schematic?

Jim doesn't specify where to put the diode to lower the polarization voltage. So in that regard, I can not help. The rest sounds correct, though. Although, I would pull the V+ wire off the oscillator PCB and put on leg of that 1.5k resistor in its place. Then, attach the wire that was at V+ to the other side of the resistor in question.

-James-

Back