Strippers........

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Autophase

...... I thought that might get your attention, sadly not the strippers you are looking for.
I need some advice.

Stupidly I used my trusty strippers on some heavy duty 2 pole light cable, unfortunately it bent the teeth on the strippers and now they are no good for DIY.
Can anyone reccomend some good value ones, preferably with a web link, I'd like to keep it under £30 ideally.

Thanks

I've got this :

http://www.rapidonline.com/Tools-Equipment/Automatic-wire-stripper-RVFM-30558

It's under a tenner, works well and is showing no sign of giving up after 3 years of frequent use.

Don't worry - I'll make up for it...

chippendales.jpg

Why did you have to humilliate me like this.........
I told you before, I needed the money back then and I made some stupid decisions.

My hair's shorter these days but I kept the leather pants.

Autophase said:
Why did you have to humilliate me like this.........
I told you before, I needed the money back then and I made some stupid decisions.

My hair's shorter these days but I kept the leather pants.

touché  ;D

Must be something wrong with me, I understood the topic before I even clicked it  :eek:

I have one of these and I cant complain about it, really. It may take some time to learn how to adjust it though. I mostly strip mogami's for internal use. They have a very small diameter and you may have to retwist the conductors as they get a bit messed up. But it still has improved my workflow significantly.

http://www.canford.co.uk/Products/55-658_MILLER-PS-2-Wire-stripper

Buy for £50 and you'll have free shipping within the UK. I don't know of any better assortment of neutriks than theirs, and they have lundahl transformers aswell, so you should easily be able to fill the basket :)

I recently lost my favourite pair on location - you don't realise how important good quality simple tools are until they go missing.

I bought these as a replacement.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261070185240

They are excellent, and I am really happy with them. They come in different sizes / gauges depending on the kind of work you are doing.

Cheers!
Stewart

Edit... looks like the seller has used my feedback on the listing.  8)

Dude .......! I'm blinded , can't see argh ............get help
you couldn't have posted some hot chix ? what's wrong with you ?

Heh-heh.
Dykes are OK for a couple of wires, that's what you have in your hand and don't want to get out from behind a rack, but for wiring a piece of equipment or making small/large amounts of cables they are more than insufficient.
Mike

I like the plain old xcelite 103SV. I've tried a lot of different ones and for single conductors it's still my favorite. I replace them every year or two for a fresh sharp one. For teflon and small diameter jacket stripping I like Knipex 12 12 02 but they are a little pricey. I've never had much love for the Paladin style automatic strippers. I have a Knipex version which I like better than the Paladins that I've tried, but I still don't use it much.

I switched to teflon wire and a thermal stripper (patco), and I'll never go back. Yes, it is pricy, but I avoid lengthy debugging sessions due to nicked wire slivers landing in inappropriate places and not worrying about burning the pvc insulation with my iron in a tight build is priceless.YMMV.
Before the switch my favorite was a Klein Tools 11062. I still have that around to strip the pvc off of transformers and power cables.

Latest posts

Back