G7 mic PSU transformer wiring!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bazmcc

**EDIT** - After studying this for most of the night I've put what I think might be the coreect wiring solution in the last post of this thread - could someone OK it for me befroe I go ahead and connect it all?

Hi guys, modified this post rather than start a new thread for a new question! My toroidal transformers arrived for my PSU unit and I'm a bit confused about the wiring. Have searched the forum and also googled the specific transformers but can't find what I'm looking for!!! Hope someone on here can help!

I'm in the UK, so working from 230V mains supply.

First transformer is a 115/230V -> 9V twin output
Second transformer is a 115/230V -> 15V twin output

Both transformers, rather than being standard twin input (115V + 115V with 4 input wires in total) have 3 input wires instead and are shown to be wired as below

230V (Brown) --                    -- 15V (Red)

-- 0V (Black)
115V (Grey)    --
                                            -- 15V (Yellow)

0V (Blue)        --                    -- 0V (Orange)

Am I right in thinking I simply don't connect the 115V (grey) input wire at all and just use the 230V and 0V?
Can I simply use Red & Black output wires to connect to the 2nd transformer and use the yellow & orange to connect to the bridge rectifier or do I use Red & Orange and connect Black & Yellow, and then make a branch from the red and orange to connect to the bridge rectifier?

With the output wires from 9V transformer, do I just connect into matching colours on the 15V transformer and ignore/connect the other 2 wires?
From here, do I just use the Brown and Blue wires from this transformer to connect to the second bridge rectifier?

IGNORE THE PART BELOW - HAS BEEN ANSWERED!!!

Hi guys, just wanted to check before finishing my wiring for my G7 mic - from the schematics, I see that of the 7 XLR pins from the mic schematic, only 1, 2, 5, 6 and 7 are mentioned in the PSU schematic. I assume therefore that pins 3 and 4 are the ones which are to connect to my 3 pin XLR output to the console, with pin 3 on the 7 pin XLR connecting to pin 2 on the 3 pin XLR (both +)

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    513.9 KB · Views: 6
Pin 3 from the 7-pin should go to pin 2 (+) on the 3-pin XLR out. Pin 4 from the 7-pin should go to pin 3 (-) on the 3-pin XLR out. These are your balanced signal outputs.

-James-

Have now modified my initial post with a new question and added a photo of the wiring info on the transformers, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Am I right in thinking that this is how it should be wired:

230V AC -> 9V transformer brown/blue (via fuse and switch). Form a single output via parallel connection (red/yellow and black/orange).

Use this to feed same connections of 15V transformer (reversed). Also from here add wires to connect to bridge rectifier.

Use brown/blue to feed second bridge rectifier.

Latest posts

Back